PDA

View Full Version : Untitled document

haoxinfen
08-03-2005, 07:02 AM
i keep having this problem even though i had changed the page propertitied 'title' in dreamweaver but when i open it in IE, the title is still 'Untitled Ducument'.

Please kindly tell me what should i do .. thanks lots ..

Jim_Shady
08-03-2005, 09:06 AM
Hey there.

So in the top of the dreamweaver window you are sure that you have entered your own page title? Are you then certain that you have uploaded the page correctly? And pushed refresh in your browser window?

If you have done all of the above then can you please cut and paste the code for the page into this forum for us to look at? The top section of the code should be enough - as long as the bit where the document title is contained is there.

Shady.

domedia
08-03-2005, 12:35 PM
You can also go straight into Code View and make sure you have something set in your title tag, also make sure there is only *one* occurance of the title tag.<title>This is the title of your document</title>

Atomic Hamster
08-26-2005, 06:48 PM
You can also go straight into Code View and make sure you have something set in your title tag, also make sure there is only *one* occurance of the title tag.<title>This is the title of your document</title>
What about when this line of code is correct but it still comes up as Untitled Document? :blink:

Is it specific to the frame or frameset?

kate
08-26-2005, 07:39 PM
It will show 'Untitled document' in DW its there you name your page.

:)

Atomic Hamster
08-26-2005, 07:53 PM
Yep, I'd already checked all that - its correct in every frame! Any other ideas? :)

kate
08-26-2005, 08:10 PM
sorry I misread the question

Empty your cache and try again.

:)

domedia
08-26-2005, 08:30 PM
It's only the framesets <title> that will show up, no matter what you do.
This is reason #267 not to use frames.