PDA

View Full Version : why when using baseline for in IE and firefox diff

zemez_man
08-02-2005, 08:41 AM
why when using baseline for in IE and firefox different ?

domedia
08-02-2005, 06:43 PM
hi zemez,
can you rephrase that question please, an example might be nice too.

zemez_man
08-23-2005, 01:45 AM
when i use align="center" and valign="baseline" in dreamweaver , my links goes on top of the cell when i use/view my page firefox ,

when i use align="center" and valign="baseline" in dreamweaver , my links goes bottom of the cell when i use/view my page internet explorer

so my question is that why valign="baseline" in firefox and internet explorer dont have the same cell vertical position ..

ranjan
08-23-2005, 05:09 AM
Does your document have a doctype? If yes does it have a complete doctype? Questions about non standard attributes like valign=baseline are hard to answer because when a html document is in quirks (non standard) mode browsers are free to render them as they please.

Code to standards and you will aviod issues like this

domedia
08-23-2005, 01:55 PM
use valign="top|middle|bottom"
From W3C:
# top: Cell data is flush with the top of the cell.
# middle: Cell data is centered vertically within the cell. This is the default value.
# bottom: Cell data is flush with the bottom of the cell.
# baseline: All cells in the same row as a cell whose valign attribute has this value should have their textual data positioned so that the first text line occurs on a baseline common to all cells in the row. This constraint does not apply to subsequent text lines in these cells

zemez_man
08-29-2005, 10:50 AM
thanks .. ill try your suggestions , thanks for the support