PDA

View Full Version : setting up an on line shop

tallaghtspur
07-28-2005, 11:33 AM
Hey there all, I just registered as i have been asked to build a site... which i have designed and registered but the client now wants to be able to sell products on line through the site. I have told them i could do it for them but to be honest i aint got a clue where to start?
Any help would be great... i presume they want to accept credit card transactions as well as postage of cheques to a given mail address.
Any help would be great
Thanks

kate
07-28-2005, 12:18 PM
Hya,
Shopping carts are not as easy to install as you would think lol I did have some mail from newsgroups and noticed some problems when installing. anyway here is a link to start you off.
DL the extension, hopefully you know how to do insert in the DW already. then go to my link for the extension. below is the PDF to go with it.

Good luck!

:D

domedia
08-01-2005, 05:24 PM
I second that. If you have no experience creating an ecommerce website, I would be very careful about providing such a service. There might be some canned solutions out there (personally I never used any) or you could outsource this to someone else (not me lol), there are people on this forum that does provide these services as well :)