PDA

View Full Version : aligning frames

Joenutz
07-25-2005, 05:48 PM
hello, i'm new to the forum, and couldn't find my answer, so hopefully you dreamweaver gurus could help a brother out. i have 2 frames and i can't get them to align right on the page. they are both the same width and are both centered. but when you open it up in a browser, the top frame ends up being a little off centered compared to the bottom frame. the top frame is the navigation and is supposed to line up with the body frame. any help would be much appreciated.

the website is <http://www.groovebayarea.com>

thanks,

Joe

gmcrone
07-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Remove div align=right from main.html

Mike...

Joenutz
07-25-2005, 06:58 PM
i tried that and it still ends up in the same place. this is the code that is left after getting rid of the div align = "right"

<div align="center"> </div>
<div align="center">

gmcrone
07-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Why the 2 div align center??

The first one is redundant, doesn't do anything.

In your top frame all I see is the inclusion of your SWF menu and a background image.
There should only be one tr, and one td, what are the others for?

width of 804 is too large for many users, try to bring max width down to 740 appx

Mike...

Joenutz
07-25-2005, 07:23 PM
thank you Mike for your help,

okay, i got rid of the first <div align="center">

i put a table into another table so i could get the light brown border. thats the only way i could figure out how to get the border.

i will work on slimming down to 740

Joe

Sloth_Boy
07-26-2005, 06:23 AM
from what im seeing, you'd be best aligning all content to the left since your body (mainframe) has a scroll bar and your top frame doesnt. So, wats happening is, becuase there is a scroll bar on the right of your mainframe, it centres your mainframe page in the centre form where the scroll bar starts instead of to the end of the page. So, aligning both the mainframe pages and the top to the right, you can then have a scroll bar on the right without effecting the page look/layout.