PDA

View Full Version : Home page Design help

liwalson
07-23-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi,
I woud like to create a website where the home page has a curved top, a gradient middle and a curved bottom. Then I would like to place an image on the right bottom edge of the page. I was able to do it successfully in Flash but I am having difficulty in Dreamweaver since there are no drawing tools there.

Here's what I did:
In Fireworks, I created the curved top portion of the page, a rectangle with a gradient design, and the curved bottom. I exported them separately into Dreamweaver then tried to place them in 3 layers accordingly. Following this, I tried to create a nested layer to place the image on top of the gradient middle, but the layer is not going where I want it to be.

Am I attempting to do this in the right manner? Any help would be appreciated.
I have attached what I have done in Flash for a clearer idea of what I am talking about.

Sloth_Boy
07-24-2005, 05:52 AM
Im guessing your new to dreamweaver and the web. I'd lean more about web and stuff before trying todo sometihng like this, even though its not hard.

liwalson
07-24-2005, 01:47 PM
I am new to Dreamweaver. I have been able to do this in Frontpage but Dreamweaver is a much more complex program. This is why I'm here. I have purchased tons of books but thought this forum would help.

gmcrone
07-25-2005, 06:35 PM
1. Create a full page div as a placeholder.
2. Create your page top layer
3. Create your page centre layer
4. Create your page bottom layer

EG

<div id="container">
<div id="top">your top graphic</div>
<div id="centre">your centre part</div>
<div id="bottom">your bottom graphic</div>
</div>

Mike....