PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Po

Jim_Shady
07-22-2005, 12:56 PM
Dear all,

I'm not a moderator of this board, and I wouldn't consider myself senior, but can people try and do a little bit of research themselves before posting questions?!

This is a forum, as far as I'm aware, to ASSIST and GUIDE people, not for someone to spend three hours writing an essay on a topic for you. Thats what tutorials are out there for. Most topics can be easily solved by putting your questions into google also...

Prime Example ('http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=790')

Sorry for the rant - but I like to come on here and help people - but everytime I look at the moment the questions are far too general and the person in question needs to do some reading before coming back with specific issues.

Domedia - If you think I'm being a prat then please feel free to delete this thread - no offence is intended! :D

Shady.

mikeyrob
07-22-2005, 02:24 PM
Ok, thanks for the great information on searching on google. So you know, I was doing research on the macromedia site and found nothing. the information given to me in that reply was helpful in it lead me to a host to do it for me. but in my question, I was wanting to know where to get information to make one myself. not to have it hosted for me.

believe me when i say i do research before asking questions because of all the tutorials i have found, they are all very helpful and i understand them. but if you try running a search for discussion forum on macromedia.com, you will not find what i was looking for.

sorry again for that question, but i was trying to find out how to create my own forum using dreamweaver or coldfusion. i just needed to know where to start.

Jim_Shady
07-22-2005, 04:11 PM
I wasn't having a personal go at you mate - sorry if it came accross like that - it was just a good example!

How's the development of that forum coming along then...?

Shady.

mikeyrob
07-22-2005, 04:33 PM
Well, the development really didnt go any place. Im still searching for the answer on the actual creation.

However, for the time being, the advice given did get me to a host for the site, so its up and running. THanks for the inquiry.

No apology needed, I replied to the message before I had my morning cup of coffee (LOL) and read to much into it.