PDA

View Full Version : Backup Settings - How

Torgut
07-18-2005, 05:53 PM
From time to time, as part of scheduled maintenance, I format my hard disk and reinstall all the needed software. Each time I do this, I have to add again to my Dreamweaver all the Sites which used to be on Site Manager.

Is there a way to backup this info so after I install Dreamweaver I can just add all those sites by reaplcing a file or directory containing such data?

Torgut
03-22-2006, 04:16 PM
I'm just calling your attention again to this post as this is important for me and it may be for other members. Last week I had to perform a fresh install of Windows and everything else... and I took mne a while to bring back my DW which had two dozens of websites configured.

Nobody really knows where these settings are saved?

davidj
03-22-2006, 04:23 PM
just go to Manage Sites in dreamweaver

This is located in your files panel dropdown

ther is an export option in there

dthomsen8
03-22-2006, 11:03 PM
just go to Manage Sites in dreamweaver

This is located in your files panel dropdown

ther is an export option in there

http://mm-exporter.joexx.de/ has another backup method, and I believe it to be a better one. Check it out.

luhla
03-23-2006, 09:23 AM
time ago i wanted to transfer my dreamweaver setting especialy my color setting. I did try to copy instalation folder and parts of registry but nothing helped. I forgot one important thing:
personalized setting is stored in:

c:\Documents and Settings\<MY USERNAME>\Application Data\Macromedia\Dreamweaver 8\

backup this folder, after reinstal overwrite this folder by backup and your setting is like before reinstall.

PS: sorry for my english