PDA

View Full Version : Inserting text in dreamweaver

Jewels
07-06-2005, 02:23 AM
Hey guys,

I have designed a website on mac using fireworks & dreamweaver MX.
In dreamweaver, when I click on the slice and type (to insert html text), whenever I (shift>return) to go to the next line and the whole page sorts of moves.

When i finish writing and click outside of the table, it moves back to normal and the page looks fine.

So I published it and it looks fine on mac but when i view it on a pc, the border on this particular page sort of separates from itself... it parts of the border move up and down, making it an incomplete border...
The parts where the border is seperated occours only near & on the sides of the html text box, this is why I think it has something to do with it.

But I dont understand why it only wigs out on a pc?!?! Nor how to fix it??

Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers, Jewels

Jewels
07-06-2005, 02:38 AM
here is a link to show you what i mean:
www.somethingblue.net.au/brides2.htm

domedia
07-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Jewels, you've chosen to slice your whole website up, instead of using html to create borders etc. You can't add more content than what you already had, so you need to remove some text. This is not very flexible and I suggest you use another approach.

Use a CSS border around your whole content area instead. Don't realy on your fireworks slices so much for layout. The code for your border:
{border: 8px solid #ccc;}
which is equivalent for the border made out of graphics you already got. Your webpage, the way you've set it up, only requires a couple of images, not the number you've got now.

I would use the top right image as a background for the whole area and the header as a seperate graphic.

Jewels
07-07-2005, 12:49 AM
Thanks for your help!
It does make much more sense, I was stuck in the old pattern of what I was originally taught to do. Thanks again..

Jewels
07-07-2005, 04:07 AM
Thanks again for your help but now I am having more troubles...

check out the link again..
www.somethingblue.net.au/brides2.htm

I have tried to set it up in different tables...in a very dodgy way. I have one large table with the backround image in it and a border assigned to it.I then have two tables within this, one with 'brides' title image, the other with the html text.

The placement of the title image and the html text all seems to look fine but when i preview it it cannot find the backround image, nor the title image.
I saved both images in the root>images folder from fireworks & photoshop, so I cannot understand why they cannot find them.

Also, the flowers are all individual buttons which change and also swap an image on the over state.
If you look at www.somethinigblue.net.au this will illustrate this for you.
When I click on the "hotspot' tool it will only allow me to draw over the title(image) table. But I cannot insert a hotspot anywhere else.

Thanks again...
If there are any tutorials or articles youknow that will help me with general things like this that would be great!

Thanks again...
Jewels