PDA

View Full Version : Working with frmesets & different browsers

Roberto
07-05-2005, 09:03 AM
Hello!

firstly I'm not new to Macromedia Studion and know the programs well. BUT I don't know any HTML!

Currently I'm having the following challenges:

1. I'm building a site and am using menues made in Fireworks. In Dreamweaver I'd like to use frames so that the menue bar is always on the top of the screen. BUT! when you click one of the main links/menues I'd like both the top and main frame to change, i.e. the whole frameset.
I've managed to accomplish this with having another browser window to open (at the bottom).

2. FOR A MORE SERIOUS PROB': When I check out my page in Mozila fireworks (my default browser) all looks OK, but when I check it in MS Explorer out some things are out of line (VERTICALY).

I lined up the menue created in Fireworks with the backround image in Dreamweaver!, but the menue is then moved up (or down, can't quite remember now) in MS Explorer .

I'd be thrilled if I could solve these two prob's.

Thanx, Rob from Slovenia!

Roberto
07-06-2005, 07:00 AM
Reply to my own problem!

2. As I mentioned, I created my menues in FIREWORKS. I wanted to have my menue lined up with my backround immage. I succeeded in doing this for my default browser, MOZILLA FIREFOX, but when I checked the page out in EXPLORER it wasent lined up anymore.

THE SOLUTION! In stead of having the immage in the backround of the whole page, I made the immage in the backround of the LAYOUT TABLE.

domedia
07-06-2005, 02:30 PM
Congrats Roberto :)
Don't hesitate to post again!