PDA

View Full Version : Help with menus and PHP..

mark11
07-04-2005, 10:23 PM
I hope one of you kind people out there can help me out. I have a grasp of php, mysql and dreamweaver and I'm now trying to layout a few pages.

I'm planning to create a site that will have three main categories and then many more sub--categories,.

I'd like to populate my drop down navigation menus so that they link to my sub-category page. However, I dont want to create up to hundreds of individual sub-category pages as that defeats the object of having dynamic pages.

I'm sure there must be a simple solution to this and it's probably staring me in the face. I know how to create simple Jump menus and I know how to populate dynamic menus with recordset binding elements.

IF it is possible I'd like to have one sub-category page and on my main index page I'd like my menus to link that that single page and when a user selects a sub category section from the menu, I'd like that page to be populated with the relevant information from the database.

I'm not sure if it is possible to do what I want to do using menus but that's question, can it be done? I know it can be done from the property inspector for a single link via the dymanic options but I'm struggling getting a working version using menus...