PDA

View Full Version : Little Problems

john31874
07-02-2005, 03:58 PM
There are a few things I can never seem to get to work in Dreamweaver, and I was wondering if anyone had an explanation.

1. When I try to add more than one space between words in a table (or anywhere for that matter) Dreamweaver prevents me from adding the extra spaces. I had intended on making a row of links with about 5 spaces between words, but I can only add one space between words. Why?

2. I can't seem to figure out how to get text to stay on the very bottom of a cell. The text always appears centered vertically. I can center horizontally, but if I want the text at the bottome of a cell I have to hit enter until it gets close. (It never actually reaches the bottom)

These two things are driving me nuts! Please help. I've used frontpage for years and am trying to make the switch to dreamweaver, so I'm not software illiterate. I know what settings to look for, I just haven't found them or they don't seem to work!

Thanks -
John

domedia
07-02-2005, 06:37 PM
1. In HTML, a space, no matter how long (several lines even) is just a space. If you are thinking of adding more than a normal space between characters, use css and margin/padding for layout. Alternatively, if it's not for layout concerns, you could use a couple of non-breaking spaces (), if I remember right, DW will insert it through the combination CTRL+Space, someone ocrrect me if I'm wrong.
It's not all about settings and knowing which buttons to click, if you want to do websites, knowledge about html/css will help you lots :)

2. To align something at the vertical bottom of a table cell, use <td valign="bottom">