PDA

View Full Version : MX200 has made my Mac OSX Invisible files Visible?

iMan
07-02-2005, 11:12 AM
I'm using Mac OSX Tiger and I had designed a website in Dreamweaver MX2000. I just bought Dreamweaver MX2004 and I have noticed that when in Dreamweaver when I go to file/open, in the folder window that opens there are a whole bunch of files scattered around my HD that did not show up in the older version of Dreamweaver. Funny thing is, when I quit Dreamweaver and double click on my HD, the actual files are not visible??? weird.

Some of these files are TMP files ending with .htm an example is "TMP6rk059quhm.htm",there are 18 of these TMP files that I can choose from within Dreamweaver by clicking Command-O (open), again, in the finder they are invisible. There are loads of other files scattered all over my hard drive also visible from within the Dreamweaver finder window when choosing a new file to open i.e.

TMP6rk059quhm.htm (18 of them)
.DS_Store
.hotfiles.btree
.vol
Desktop DB
Desktop VF
dev
mach_kernal
mach
mach.sym

This is most strange. As I said, I only see them from opening files within Dreamweaver MX2004, not MX2000 or not from the desktop?

I have since found out that most of these files are actually Mac OSX files that are normally invisible to the user unless they turn the Visibility feature off by using a Terminal line command. They are usually invisible to prevent end users moving or deleting them as it will prevent the computer working properly, or even stop it from booting up at all, hence, they are invisible.

What my question is, is why has Dreamweaver MX2004 turned all these Mac OSX invisible files into visible mode?

Is this a bug or is there a setting in MX2004 that makes it possible to turn invisible files on/off.

It never happened in Dreamweaver MX (version 3 I think was my old one).

Please help.

domedia
07-02-2005, 06:32 PM
Dreamweaver has it's own setting on viewing/hiding files. You basically answer your own question :)

iMan
07-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Dreamweaver has it's own setting on viewing/hiding files. You basically answer your own question :)
The question is, where is that setting???