PDA

View Full Version : Help for a newb.

Wolf_22
06-29-2005, 04:14 PM
Firstly, I just want to say hey to everyone since this is my first post.

Now for my Q!

I am new at Dreamweaver and am trying to learn how to use it. I was wondering what I'm doing wrong with setting up my first site because the server that I connect to doesn't seem to connect to Dreamweaver. I've followed the steps to the best of my ability in that wizard, and I still cannot connect. It says "Cannot display remote folder: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect. Make sure the remote folder is available, or choose a different one from the Edit Sites dialog. To try again, click the "Refresh" button in the Site Window." Any help is very grateful.

P.S. - What I'm trying to do is set it up to where I can make my site on my computer, then click "save" and have DW automatically upload EVERYTHING to my server here at school so that I can preview it. I can do this in FrontPage, and I know I can do this in DW... Just don't know how! HA!

domedia
06-29-2005, 04:31 PM
The error msg tells you exactly what is wrong. It tells you the info you have for your server is not correct. Without telling us what they are, I really can't help you.

domedia
06-29-2005, 04:33 PM
And welcome to the Forums btw :)

Wolf_22
06-29-2005, 04:47 PM
Thanks domedia. I'll check all that out again and give an update in a few.