PDA

View Full Version : Insert flash movie to DW template

mattfam
06-28-2005, 04:20 PM
When I insert my flash movie into Dreamweaver, it always lands above or below my template. I want my flash movie to be inserted in the middle of the template. I can't figure out how to get there. Once I insert my flash movie into my document in Dreamweaver, how do I move it around?

kate
06-28-2005, 06:36 PM
I just opened Dreamweaver and clicked the Flash icon it installed itself in the middle. from the inspector I clicked to set it 'absolute middle'.

:)

mattfam
06-29-2005, 03:55 PM
I tried that. All it does is put the flash movie above, below, to the left or right of the template, but not within the template. Any other suggestions?

domedia
06-29-2005, 04:13 PM
place the cursor insode the template, exactly where you want the flash movie to start. Do you even have empty space available inside the template? Are you talking about a Dreamweaver template or something else? It would help alot if you could show the template to us instead of us guessing in troubleshooting.

mattfam
06-29-2005, 04:40 PM
It's a template I created. If I click on the template, the cursor doesn't show up in the template, rather along side of it. I want the flash movie to land pretty much in the middle. I'll try to attach the template for you to see. (I'm not bad at graphics, but I stink at web design)

domedia
06-29-2005, 04:52 PM
In your HTML file, is there space availeble where you want the flash movie to go, or do you have an image there?

mattfam
06-29-2005, 05:03 PM
This is the HTML in dreamweaver for the template:
<html>
<head>
<title>Psychedelic template</title>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;">

</head>
<body bgcolor="#ffffff">

Psychedelic%20template.png<!-- fwtable fwsrc="Psychedelic template.png" fwbase="Psychedelic template" fwstyle="Generic" fwdocid = "742308039" fwnested="0" -->
</body>
</html>

domedia
06-29-2005, 05:34 PM
That is not a template, that is just a html page displaying an image..
I think you might go back to html 1-2-3 :) Start off with some basic html/website/dreamweaver tutorials. You need to know how to make a basic website before you think about anything else like inserting flash movies.

The Manual is a great place to start, Dreamweaver also has built in several great tutorials. You can also search Google or go directly to macromedia.com.

Didn't mean to cut you off, but you *need* to know the *basics* before you attempt this. :rolleyes:

mattfam
06-29-2005, 05:38 PM
No problem! I guess I do need to know the basics of html first. I appreciate the help! I'd rather get it done right eventually than be ignorant and get frustrated. Thanks!