PDA

View Full Version : HTML email blast

likegluelikecrew
06-23-2005, 04:10 AM
I have to create an html file for my job that will be emailed out as a newsletter to our mailing list (not as an attachment but directly seen in the email). They also want me to create a template out of it for use in the future. I've never done this before, so what exactly do I do? Do I create a new file in Dreamweaver and just work up a single page as I would normally do, laying it out in tables? How wide should I make it? What about the images, where do they get stored to appear in the email? Do I just create the page and then send the html file and the images in an images folder to my work? How do I get the page to appear in an email? Do I post the page to the company site and then somehow link it to the email so it appears directly in the email when the person opens it? How is that done? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

domedia
06-23-2005, 12:06 PM
Whoa, lost track of all the questions ;)

HTML Emails are basically a webpage, but with a seperate set of 'rules'. They're read by browsers AND email clients. Images should be stored on your server and linked to with full path. I repeat stylesheet in both head and body section. Email that are accessed through web (hotmail for example) ignores the body tag (there can only be one per page).

Your best bet would be to find some tutorials, Google is your friend! :)