PDA

View Full Version : Creating and setting up Online store/Paypal

Webhead
06-22-2005, 05:05 PM
Hello all.

I have several questions.

I'm building a website for the company I work for ( www.broadwaypiano.com ) --it's nothing fancy, just basic stuff. Part of the website will have an online store, where people can look through a basic template style catalogue and click "add to cart" or "buy now".

I'm not sure how to do this. I know very little of HTML. All of the site is created in PS and Imageready, and exported to DW. How do I set it up to go to an order form of the customers information, as well as actually buying the piano through Paypal?? I undertand how to implement a template design for the online store--but I just don't know how or what to link the "add to cart" button to.

I understand this could be hard to explain, but I really need the help. If there are any tutorials or links you could point me to that explains this, feel free to post them.

Thank you so much.

--WH

domedia
06-22-2005, 05:31 PM
There so much more to this than finding the right link for 'add to cart'
If you're inexperienced in HTML, you don't stand a chance coding this yourself.
HTML is a language to structure information, piece of cake ;-)
Shopping systems are made with programming languages. A total different animal.

I've never made one with Dreamweaver, but if you google for dreamweaver and shopping cart I'm sure there's some commercial solutions that are available.

Anyone else incorporated an existing cart into a dreamweaver template?

Webhead
06-22-2005, 05:36 PM
I was afraid of this being the case.

Well then...I told them I've never done the online store shopping cart thing. I'm not really getting paid for the website (slight compensation) so they are just going to have to hold out while I learn, or hire an actual webdesigner with the shopping cart skills.

--SS

ranjan
06-22-2005, 08:18 PM
http://webassist.com/Products/ProductDetails.asp?PID=18 ('http://webassist.com/Products/ProductDetails.asp?PID=18')

Free paypal cart