PDA

View Full Version : Edit Window Sizes

pedrojoseph
06-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Dear All

I need a hand.

I have ojnly just managed to get mywebsite online after much self teaching of dreamweaver MX. All looked great.

I then viewed it on a different computer only to find that it no longer fit the screen which has been due to the screen setting that my PC was on, 800*600 pixels.

I have since then being tried to change the size of the windows without having to go through the charade of pulling table columns around for hours to get it to fit.
someone also told me that I should be able to get it to maximise to any screen size? that sound good. how is it done?

Anyway the little edit size tab at the bottom right of the main window which has all the sizes in are all unhighlighted making it impossible to get it off 803*527.

i have looked on the tutorial which is very helpful until it gets to the same window except all the sizes are highlighted.

Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did they get around it?

Have just downloaded the upgrade to MX 6.1 and that didnt get the sizes to become highlighted. Am reluctant to resize all my web pages and its does seem kind of amateur-ish to have to drag and drop things around because you cant control your web design package.

All help and advice much appreciated.

Pedro

tmilewski
06-21-2005, 02:53 AM
First off... to make things easier in the future... i would advise you to learn a beautiful thing known as CSS.

The only idea I may have for you is to set your table sizes to '100%'.

-Tom Milewski

pedrojoseph
06-22-2005, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the advice I am currently looking into the CSS material.