PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic beta

tmilewski
06-20-2005, 07:34 AM
Has anyone checked out the Acrylic Beta from Microsoft? Basically it is supposed to compete with Photoshop and Fireworks. I'll admit that I was reluctant to try it out due to the fact that I am quite biased when it come to products released by Microsoft (for some reason I do use XP) but considering my interest in web design I figured I'd give it a Chance.

My Final Impression: I don't think that I've ever laughed so hard at something gone so horribly wrong in my life! Stay as far away from this product as possible. Read removal instructions provided below.

IF YOUR COMPUTER BECOMES INFECTED WITH THIS... TAKE A BASEBALL BAT TO YOUR HARD DRIVE AND THEN BURN THE REMAINS

-Tom Milewski

PS - I think they need to stop working on worthless causes like this and focus on longhorn due to the fact that they are WAY behind schedule. After all their slogan is:

"Longhorn: We've removed more features than most other companies can promise."

domedia
06-20-2005, 12:33 PM
lol, I have actually been thinking all last week about taking it for a testdrive. :)
Why shouldn't I? Uninstall issues?

gmcrone
06-20-2005, 12:48 PM
Uninstalls just fine, if you can stop laughing at the program itself.

All Acrylic is is an update to the Expressions software they bought last year.

I don't think Adobe has much to worry about. This will never be competition to Fireworks or Illustrator.

Mike...

tmilewski
06-20-2005, 01:43 PM
gmcrone is right... it will never be competition to PS or Fireworks.

And no there aren't any uninstall issues... I just felt like expressing my disgust for M$.