PDA

View Full Version : fieldset and legend

hebel
06-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Hi, I'm using fieldset and legend and in IE it works fine - it shows a smooth rounded box but in Firefox and Opera the borders are not rounded and look pretty awful. Can anyone help with the code. I'm using:

htm
<fieldset style="width:80%; padding: 0px; text-align:justify" class="boxtext">
<legend>
<span class="boxtitle">Quote:</legend>

aaaaaaaa</p>

aaaaaaaa</p>
</fieldset>

css
boxtext { COLOR: #00000; FONT: 100% arial, verdana, sans-serif; font-weight: normal }
.boxtitle { COLOR: #ED8E4C; FONT: 11px verdana, arial, sans-serif; font-weight: bold }
.boxtext { margin: 0 3px; }
.boxtext { width: 100%; margin: 1em auto; }

many thanks in advance.
hebel

domedia
06-16-2005, 08:04 PM
You have to validate your code first, the structure is broken. <span class="boxtitle"> is never closed.

Also there is no such tag as 'boxtext' you forgot the period for it in the stylesheet '.boxtext'

When all that is said, there's no way to tell the browser to render the fieldset with rounded borders or not. There is nothing in your CSS that makes Opera render the fieldset with rounded borders, it's just how Opera chooses to render it.

Sloth_Boy
06-17-2005, 01:51 AM
Exactly,

When i was a noob, i use to not set all my properties so the browser would choose wat it wanted for colours and stuff and i couldnt work out wat was going on... lol,

Anyway, always include important layout/look properties, but dont go crazy becuase it will increase laod time for your visitors

domedia
06-18-2005, 04:28 PM
Not true, please go crazy. Replacing images with CSS styles only reduces loadtime, not increasing it. The more of your layout/style you can get into CSS the better.
Anyway, always include important layout/look properties, but dont go crazy becuase it will increase laod time for your visitors

Sloth_Boy
06-21-2005, 10:30 AM
i guess your right domedia seeing that forums and stuff have massive CSS files