PDA

View Full Version : Correlation between fireworks and dreamweaver?

Happyhelen
06-16-2005, 05:19 PM
Hi guys:

I'm new to web design so I'm in the process of figuring things out. What exactly is the correlation between Fireworks and Dreamweaver? Do you design the actual layouts and colors and designs and pretty graphics and stuff on Fireworks, and then somehow transfer it over to Dreamweaver to upload to a server? I'm probably totally off here, but I have no idea how the two programs connect or work together...say I design a site on Fireworks...then what? How do I get it on the web? Where does Dreamweaver come in?

Thanks,
-Helen

bkendall
09-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Sounds you have a pretty good idea of how it works Helen. Fireworks is the graphics program that as you said, where you can create the initial images and layout from there you slice up the image (slice tool in the main toolbar listed under Web) and then export (File>Export) the file with the images and html.

From here you open the file in Dreamweaver and modify the code as needed by adding things like links, other images, text, etc.

As for getting the site on the web, you need some where to host the site. One you have a place to store the site on the web, you place it on the host server and zing bang! Your on the web.

Actually there are a lot of little steps and you should poke around this forum some, as there are some great tips. also I would visit macromedia for some tutorials and there is some good information in the help sections of the products themselves.

Good luck and please let us know how your progressing. I am always willing to help those getting started and I am sure there are a lot of others will to help out as well.