PDA

View Full Version : Page changes won't load!

Stixxs
06-16-2005, 01:10 AM
Hi all new here.

I had to reinstall Dreamweaver MX, due to a window XP problem-and now when I create changes on my site (and save them) I'll attempt to upload them to my server and they won't show.

Dose anyone know is this a "Root Folder" problem or something else?

Thanks for any help!

-Stixxs

Sloth_Boy
06-16-2005, 02:14 AM
explain in more detial wat happens, can dreamweaver access your server or wat???

makesure your ftp settings are correct...

But we will need more detials!

Stixxs
06-16-2005, 10:49 PM
Sloth Boy,

Yes, Dreamweaver does access my server according to...Edit sites>edit>remote info> test.

But my changes do not appear on my server. I've contacted DiredctNIC (host) but no responce yet.

I'm thinking it's a site definition problem that occurred after reinstalling DW.

Any ides would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Sloth_Boy
06-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Ok,

In that case its most liekly your history/cookies, depending on wat browser your using, you can clear them. Go Tools >> Options, and click both clear history and clear cookies.

If that doesnt work, then it is a fault with your hosting company, i use to get the issue when i use to use free web hosting.

domedia
06-17-2005, 01:35 AM
Stixx, your server has a folder where all your web files needs to be, sometimes it's called 'public_html' or 'web', make sure you're uploading to this folder. Your host will let you know which specific folder in your hosting area your web files needs to be in.

REMOTE INFO-> TEST just verifies that you can connect to your server space, not that they are being placed in the right location.

Sloth_Boy
06-17-2005, 12:46 PM
Exactly, domedia is prbably onto the problem, your uplaoding to thw worngfolder, you must upload to the folder relating to your domain, contact your hositng company and ask them if you need any help... If they dont repond, then thats slack and i recommend you leave that company and go with a company like hostingplex.com

domedia
06-17-2005, 01:13 PM
Sloth, thanks for repeating everything I just said.

Sloth_Boy
06-18-2005, 04:23 AM
no worries... lol