PDA

View Full Version : Logout Button

kreezal
06-14-2005, 06:07 PM
Hello All,

I am fairly new to HTML and webpage building and need some help. I need to add a logout button to a secured page but don't know the code to do so. What I need the button to do is log the user out, clear the cache or cookies so that if they click the link again it will not automatically log them in, and then redirect them to the home page. If some one could please help I would appreciate it.

itsjithu
06-15-2005, 05:42 AM
I had posted similar kind of query in this forum just a few days before.....but unfortunately nobody has replied to it......just wondering ..whether the question is too tough to be answered or is it too simple that nobody is bothering to answer the question......I can also see that ..there have been so many views ...but 0 replies....pls if anybody knows the answer..post it...

sorry if i am harsh...:)

Sloth_Boy
06-15-2005, 12:09 PM
I think the reason no one si replying, is becuase first of all, not too many people know how cause we're dealing with dynamic code...

and second of all (correct me if im wrong), it requires alot of peices of code that will relate to things on your website (cookie names, settings.etc)...

So, dont eb suprised if no one answers...

Thats all,

kreezal
06-15-2005, 01:18 PM
I have been looking around on the net and I think the button will have to have some vbScript or asp code in it. I don't know either language but I am going to try to figure something out. Thanks for the posts.

domedia
06-15-2005, 03:14 PM
The reason noone has answered is because noone knows about your application.

This is not about creating a button to log out, this is about closing a user session or deleting a cookie which we have no idea how you set up in the first place. If you were able to set a cookie, start a session then you should be able to close/end it as well.
..and I honestly don't know how to do this either way, just know the basic approach to how these things are set up.

ranjan
06-15-2005, 05:49 PM
I had posted a complete video tutorial on how to create login / logout pages with dreamweaver and php.

conceptually you can also do it with asp/coldfsion using the same tutorial, i have this tutorial with me but its to heavy for me to post it online for continous downloads.

If anyone is willing to host the tutorial i can reupload for a day or two

Sloth_Boy
06-16-2005, 01:54 AM
I'll host, i have 110GB of bandwidth to use up in just a few few days (go hostingplex.com), anyway, you can email it to me, or someone can tell em how to set up an ftp acount so you can uplaod it to my server (how do it do that???)

anyway, my email is tom@siliconjunkie.com.au

:D

Sloth_Boy
06-16-2005, 02:03 AM
ok, i set up an ftp account

(works best if using internet explorer)

address: ftp://publicftp@sjclans.com ('ftp://publicftp@sjclans.com')

Username: publicftp@sjclans.com

password: check your PM's

Cheers!!!

itsjithu
06-16-2005, 05:43 AM
thanx folks - for posting,

In my site, while login a session variable is created, and from the login page if login is successful an URL variable is sent to loginsuccess.asp page (so as to retrieve the particular login user recordset from the MS-access database - such as his profile etc).

So now that the user is logged in ... a logout button has to be loaded (which will help the user to logout from his login account anytime he wishes).

I hope this will be helpful...

Itsjithu