PDA

View Full Version : Help needed (simple task)

Monkeybutter
06-14-2005, 06:05 PM
Im currently making a html website in dreamweaver and i would like the window that the site opens in to be a fixed size , so that users cannot resize the window..

ive looked through dreamweavers help files and i cannot find how to do this effecet .

ive changed my frame to no resize but this has no effect .. i have done this before on a previous site and cant remember how it was done

please help

monkeybutter

domedia
06-14-2005, 06:11 PM
The browser is a piece of software running on a client computer, so you are somewhat limited to what you can do.

The people that do want this effect, has an 'ENTER' link on their homepage. On this link they apply the open window behaviour (javascript opened window), in this behaviour you can set the width and height along with a couple of other parameters for the new window.

Monkeybutter
06-14-2005, 06:17 PM
so how would i do this ?

have a kind of intro page witha link to my website ?

and where are these settings you speek off ?

sorry for all questions im total noob

ranjan
06-14-2005, 06:22 PM
Ok, this may sound rude, but it has to be told.

Its my computer, my browser. Who are you to decide what size MY browser window should be?

Do you think I am that stupid? If you lock the size of my window I am never visiting your site again!

Most of your visitors would think like that.... If you still think your visitors are stupid there are countless sites that will show u how to do it...

Monkeybutter
06-14-2005, 06:24 PM
well im sorry to have upset you but for your information my other site had this effect and and im hitting the 1,000,000 hit mark .. customers come and purchase from this site and i never get any compaints

i just cant remember how to do this effect

domedia
06-14-2005, 07:03 PM
I think what ranjan is trying to say is that your site (and the one that already is successful) would be more successful and accessible if you didn't do it this way. And I completely agree with him on this. :)

If you want to do it anyways, the behaviour is in your Behaviours Panel and is called Open Browser Window.

Monkeybutter
06-14-2005, 07:14 PM
i will possably change my sites in future but at the moment i would like to use this method ... i understand where you guys are comping from and its a strong argument ...

ive done what you said and it all works but when i lick on my button/link 2 windows pop up one with the no resizing but one with the resizing , how to i tell it to only opwn the no resizing one ?

Monkeybutter
06-14-2005, 07:19 PM
i got it all working now ... thanks for the help

ill keeping mind what you guys said

ranjan
06-14-2005, 09:32 PM
There was no reason to send me a PM. You could have said what u wanted to right here.

I just expressed my point of view on the question, take it or leave it!!

domedia
06-14-2005, 10:36 PM
monkeybutter, please play nice or go somewhere else.