PDA

View Full Version : How to insert mouse over sounds?

lafrederick
06-09-2005, 11:29 PM
I have rollovers working on my nav bar (photoshop rocks!) so that is cool. Thought I would add rollover mouse sounds (bleeps, whomps, chirps, etc) But how do you do it in DW Mx? I go to Behaviors and click "+"" to add sound at mouseover, but she no workee? I then did a test page so it was a image button and did the same thing. Still no sound? What am I doing wrong? The wav's work fine in MusicMatch? So I know the sounds are good.

(also anyone know a simple way to do a hortizontal scrolling -or image swap of multiple JPEGS??)

Thanks in advance

Larry

mrpatrick357
06-10-2005, 01:44 AM
to my knowledge, you can only achieve this in flash.

lafrederick
06-10-2005, 03:34 AM
So how do you add "flash" to an existing DW webpage? Meaning the page is done, mostly in photoshop and tables in Dreamweaver....so how do you add 'flash" sound??

Man this sound be much easier,...and why do they have "sounds" in behaviors then??

Illogical.

gmcrone
06-11-2005, 10:55 PM
When using sounds in behaviours, what type of sound file are you using??
wav, mp3, aiff, etc ??

Then again, it depends on how your computer is set up to play sound files.
If your set up to open mp3 files in MusicMATCH the rollovers won't work.

As mentioned, the best way to do this is using flash to create your buttons with sound files embedded in the flash file.

Flash = Macromedia Flash MX 2004 or other variant software used to create swf files.

Mike...

dreamlynx
06-12-2005, 02:24 AM
mike is completly correct! the roll over sounds are much easier to do with flash r swishmax. If your a beginer i would recomend swishmax. it is much easier to use than flash and can do everything flash can do. Embed the sound into the swf and transfer it to dreamweaver. if your going to have a menu like that you can make a library out if it to come up on every page that will update all the pages using that menu when ever you alter it and save. Mike you give some good advice it's nice to see someone my level give out advice without being a jerk.

Dan

lafrederick
06-15-2005, 04:16 AM
Have it all ........Flash and SwishMax. Hey, how do I do a slide show in SwishMax with forward, backward and play on the bottom, 423 X 288 pixels?

I played around with it, and could not "get it"??

Sloth_Boy
06-15-2005, 12:17 PM
a basic way to add soudns to buttons in flash is:

1. Convert a grpahic to a movieclip
2. Add animation if you want
3. open up the movie clip, and create a new layer
4. drag a sound onto the layer
5. then, use action script to do your on (mouse) commands...

i dont know how advanced you are with flash and all that, so if you already know how to do basic action script in flahs and know the interface all works, then u should understand the above...

remember to add stop commands at the end of the clip so the movie/sound doesnt loop...

If you'd like to have a look at a .fla file that i have with flahs buttoins that i made, then send me an email and ill reply with the flash buttons attached (tom(at)siliconjunkie.com.au)