PDA

View Full Version : Problems with site compatability

clueless
06-09-2005, 08:32 AM
Well as my user name says it all, im clueless.

I have recently started with dreamweaver, and not sure how to fix my problem. When I view the page in Firefox everything looks perfect to me, but in IE its all out of wack. Especially with a 'tracing image'. I have my pages open within the idex page using a IFRAME and its works great in FF.

Here is the link to the site, its a game related site.

http://www.newb.planetgac.com/index.html ('http://www.newb.planetgac.com/index.html')

Any ideas on how to fix the compatability issues im having? Its really bothering me and I spent a few hours trying to figure out to fix it but no luck :(

As I said, im pretty new to html and dreamweaver so please be easy..lol

I'm using one of the free photoshop layouts then slicing and dicing then importing to dreamweaver.

Any help or ideas would be great!

Thx :D

domedia
06-09-2005, 01:29 PM
First of all get rid of the iframe. You have the iframed document on your server so there's no point, this is not what iframe was created for.

If you are looking for the scrollable area effect, just use CSS like this:
<div style="width: 300px; height: 200px; overflow: scroll;">All your text in here</div>

err.. and oufnd this in your source: <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2713.1100" name=GENERATOR>.. are you sure you're using DW? ;)

clueless
06-09-2005, 08:49 PM
First of all get rid of the iframe. You have the iframed document on your server so there's no point, this is not what iframe was created for.

If you are looking for the scrollable area effect, just use CSS like this:
<div style="width: 300px; height: 200px; overflow: scroll;">All your text in here</div>

err.. and oufnd this in your source: <META content="MSHTML 6.00.2713.1100" name=GENERATOR>.. are you sure you're using DW? ;)
Using the CSS code you supplied then creates a scroller along the right and bottom. I much rather not have the bottom scroller. My toher question with the CSS scrollable area, do I then have to make each page the same as the index rather then seperate pages like I had loading in the iframe? And will this take care of the cross browser issues im having?

Yes im sure im using DW 7.0.1 to be exact. The mshtml meta was added by a friend trying to help me out, which he did'nt. :lol:

domedia
06-09-2005, 10:20 PM
I much rather not have the bottom scroller. Just make sure there's nothing inside the DIV with a wider WIDTH than the DIV. Or just increase the width of the DIV. If you can't figure it out, upload your changes and let me know when to look at it again.

kate
06-10-2005, 07:12 AM
Somethin else you could look at,

Oen he browser check - check target browsers. Dreamweaver checks the page and lists results in the 'target browsers check panel'.

:)

domedia
06-10-2005, 03:41 PM
Kate, that is a great function in DW, but it does not create or modify the overflow property in CSS..

kate
06-10-2005, 04:27 PM
Oh ok domedia,

I got that from the Dreamweaver Bible lolol - good book and excellent value though!

It was quite late and I don't like to leave a poster if I can help it without adding something. I think I was just thinking of the browser as much as anything like the following quote:

have recently started with dreamweaver, and not sure how to fix my problem. When I view the page in Firefox everything looks perfect to me, but in IE its all out of wack.

Sorry CSS never entered my tired head lol

:lol: :lol:

domedia
06-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Actually kate, it's my fault, I thought you were commenting on my post, I didn't realize you were posting to the original post :) Thanks!

kate
06-10-2005, 07:01 PM
Nope...lmaoooo

Entirely my fault! I should have quoted the poster.. :P

Gotcha!