PDA

View Full Version : Problems with hyperlinks - Urgent reply needed!

Timmy
06-09-2005, 01:23 AM
Hi,

I am having a really basic problem with hyperlink colour, but noone I know seems to know the answer! I am a student at Newcastle Uni, and I have a portfolio due tuesday (worth 80% of my semester mark), my website is complete but I cannot change the colour of the hyperlinks so that they are always white against my black background (required for corporate identity). In dark blue they are practically invisible. I have a lot of other work to do, so I do not want to resort to CSS or anything that will involve restructuring my site. I know there must be an easy way to override hyperlink colour. I have already tried:

1. Changing it in the properties window
2. Going to modify>Page Properties box and selecting a new hyperlink colour.

I managed to change the colour for 'used' hyperlinks, but the colour for 'fresh' hyperlinks keeps reverting to dark blue!

If you can help me, please send me a message at fizztank@hotmail.com

Thanks

tiggie
06-09-2005, 02:04 AM
In the <body> tag where you have bgcolor and such you can add.

< BODY LINK="######" ALINK="######" VLINK="######">

non CSS way :ph34r:

Jim_Shady
06-09-2005, 09:22 AM
Or, and this isn't really suitable for lots and lots of links, you could find each hyperlink piece of code within the website and put a <font color> tag inside the <a href> tag. Like this...

<font color="#FF0000">The Link</font> (yoursite.htm)

This will over-ride the default color of the page.

Shady.

domedia
06-09-2005, 02:24 PM
I guess it's too late now (?) but CSS would have given you sitewide white links in a second:
a:link {color: white;}
a:visited{color: #eee;}
a:active {color: white;}
a:hover {color: orange;}

..and we always post answers in the forum, noone is so special that they get special individual help per email ;)