PDA

View Full Version : a:hover replace question

y0sono
06-08-2005, 08:04 AM
ok, i'm designing this simple index page, which uses little images as buttons... but for example's sake, lets just imagine a page with 4 buttons, each using javascript for rollover purposes. So for each button, there is an "on" image, and an "off" image.

now, you know how if you just have plain text, you can assign, link, active, hover, visited, states using css... well, what i'm trying to do instead, is have a simular sort of thing for the buttons on my homepage, so that once the user returns to that page, he/she can see which link they have previously visited. I envisage this by the image for the button changing to it's "on" image, basically the same image used for the javascript rollover state.

i'm not sure, but i wouldn't imagine this was possible to do using css... but then again i could be wrong... i'm imagining this would be a kind of javascript action, but being a designer and not a prgogrammer i have no idea i did however experiment and try to sort out something yesterday, but i just got damn frustrated.

if anyone could help me here i would be over the moon

thanks
sono.

Sloth_Boy
06-17-2005, 12:49 PM
well, on my forum, forums.siliconjunkie.com.au ('http://forums.siliconjunkie.com.au'), the bottoms at the top (register, home.etc) are doen using css. Wats hapening is, when you roll your mouse over, it is simply sliding the pitcher up or down. If you right click the button and go view imae, youll see wat i mean. I'll get back to you later, right now im going to bed, seya

gmcrone
06-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Look under "swap image behaviour" in Dreamweaver help file

Mike...