PDA

View Full Version : CSS & Templates

Jim_Shady
06-07-2005, 10:25 AM
Hiya all,

I'm still on that long but very rewarding 'CSS' battle....!

I've got a template which is applied to about 60 pages. I want the links in the pages to turn red with mouseover. So I opened the template in Dreamweaver, put in the template

<body>
<div id="pagecontent">

ALL THE GENERAL CRAP OF STUFF.....

</div>
</body>

And then I made a CSS page with the following code in it

#pagecontent a:hover{
color:#FF0000;
}

I have also then linked from the template page to the CSS sheet in the normal way.

Once I'd done this it asked me if I'd like to update all the pages with the new template, so I said yes. Then on my local machine I previewed the pages - but the A:HOVER thing isn't working?!

Any guesses please guys? Don't know if it makes any difference - but they are active links feeding from a SQL database. Reckon this is irrelevant though..?

Shady.

domedia
06-07-2005, 02:28 PM
ranjan just answered a similar question. You need link, visited, active, hover in the right order for it to work.
http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/index...st=0&#entry1890 ('http://www.dreamweaverclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=541&st=0&#entry1890')

Jim_Shady
06-07-2005, 03:26 PM
Hi Domedia,

Thanks for the link to the other thread. I've taken a look at it and Ive corrected it, but still no luck... I think it because at the start of the page my opening of the DIV is in the greyed out area of the code that is assigned as 'non-editable' and then then ending of the DIV is in the 'non-editable' section at the end of the page??

The template seems to be encompassing the page, and not passing the formating etc of the links actually into the page that it has been applied to? Does this make sense?

I'd love to put an exmaple on here but it part of a secure site and I don't think that I should really.... Although I suppose I could strip out the important info and then put it up if needed.

Jim Shady.

Jim_Shady
06-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Someone mentioned to me earlier that there is an issue with CSS and text that is in tables?

Most of the text that I would like to apply the CSS to is dynamic and inside cells of tables - any suggestions?

Shady.