PDA

View Full Version : resize page for browser

isha
06-06-2005, 12:01 PM
Hello
I'm interested in learning how to make a web page stay in the centre of the browser window as you resize the broswer window.
and how do you make elements of the design stay left justified ... other right justified and others in the centre as the page resizes.
I've tried to search the macromedia site and other places for a tutorial but i can't seem to find this subject. so i have come to a forum to find my answer

isha

tiggie
06-08-2005, 01:20 AM
You mean like this forums page now? If so i'll try and explain, most likely someone will do it differently. it looks like 3 tables with left and right set at a certain percent, while the middle is like 90% or so, and the whole table is set 100% width. OR its one table with a fixed percent and centered. But you need one graphics bar length of the table so when u resize it smaller text does not squish in.

http://www.enjetek.com/vit/table.jpg

if you dont mind the text squishing then yea dont put the image there ;) and resize this window to see the [COLOR=red]Dreamweaver Club Forums -> Graphic Design -> Web Design -> resize page for browser ----- Squish and break to second line.