PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Help

Matt
06-02-2005, 08:58 AM
Ok here is the situation now. I made my template in photoshop, and sliced it up to the html + Gif's. I open the template up in Dreamweaver to find out that I cant really do anything. I want to add text over the images, but it doesent let me do it without messing it up reallly bad.
-->So I guess I am asking how do you put stuff over the image without it moving/messing up etc.

domedia
06-02-2005, 01:37 PM
You work the other way around, create an html document first in which you apply images too. If you don't know how to make a website, you have to start with html, not photoshop :)

Matt
06-03-2005, 06:50 AM
But Photoshop is soooo much easier :( . So your saying you cant put text on top of an image :\. It's like 30x harder putting the images in Dreamweaver:P. You can use all the Neat photoshop features with the blending options

Suthern
06-23-2005, 05:44 AM
Sorry to bring up such an old topic but I thought maybe I could help.

If your slicing your layout using photoshop you will have to add your text (buttons, links, etc) before you slice the image. Just place your text where you want it and slice away or once you save it as .html or .htm, when you open it in Dreamweaver, you can delete that particular .gif file and make your background color the color of the image you deleted and then add your text that way. Just make sure that whatever .gif you delete doesn't have anything other than just a solid color.
Hope that helped?