PDA

View Full Version : Search parametres entered udes as default values?

jool
05-27-2005, 09:00 PM
Hello everyone,

I have given up with my previous attempts, and I feel am getting closer to what I want to achieve....MAYBE ;)

A search page which leads to a page which displays a Master list of records on the right and a details page of these records which appears when clicked.

This is what I have done.

I used 2 Div layers (one for the 'Master' page and one for the 'Details' page) and called this page results php.

On a different page there is a search page, and the results of the 'search' appear in the right hand side 'Master' layer. Clicking a record result then produces more information on the details page. This is all good.

However the one problem is that after I select a record from the list of Master values, the list refreshes and no longer displays a list of the records defined by the search, but instead just displays the default values which I specified in my recordset.

I tried to take out the default value (and also tried to use the value that was entered as the default - I used '$value' and tried also "$value") but what then happens is when something is selected the list just refreshes and then displays nothing (as nothing is the 'default')

Does this make sense? What I have now almost works, and I think I am close to getting it - I basically want the input search values to remain the default values........

Anyway, thanks for all your help guys. Have a good weekend.

tmilewski
06-20-2005, 07:53 AM
I can help you out... but I would need you to post the code you already have as well as your database schema so that I know what your table looks like to correctly perform queries.

Be sure to take out your MySQL login information as that would both not be needed and cause a large security risk for both you and your host.