PDA

View Full Version : animation problems with buttons

rinser
05-24-2005, 02:16 AM
HI
i have animated a graphic and it exports fine, plays well.
but when i try to include a button in this graphic, the animation does not work out.

can we animate buttons ? looks like it isnt possible.

please advise,
thanks

domedia
05-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Animated gif's have been around for a long time, and Fireworks should not have a problem making them.

rinser
05-25-2005, 10:59 AM
sorry, i am bad at at explaining things when i am frustrated. i wrote the problem down elsewhere, so let me try again :

i have animated a selection, to fade in at about 5 frames. looks nice.
within the selection i have a few buttons. in order for the buttons to fade in too, what should i do ?
i have saved the buttons as GIF instead of animated gifs, so far so good.

BUT : the canvas background is red. inside the canvas i have drawn a yellow rounded square, into which goes everything.
the big problem is that the buttons appear, but not with a yellow background (that of the square) but with a red background (that of the canvas). the other items fade in as needed, but the buttons look awful as they have a different background....

today (Day#3 on this) i am going to put the buttons in the last frame (frame #6) to see if this works. i was also thinking of taking a layer angle on this.

any advive please ???
thanks

rinser
05-26-2005, 12:53 AM
im going to reply to my own reply. how sad is that !

anyway, i got around the problem by paying more attention to the layers, and i used the paintbrush tool somewhere along the line too.