PDA

View Full Version : Layers and animation problems

rinser
05-21-2005, 05:45 AM
HI
i have placed about 6 layers in the page. they appear as they should when a rollover is done.

trouble is, when i resize the browser, the layers are ofcourse way off of where i want them to be. its a mess, if i resize the browser.

is this what i have heard about using layers, that its best to avoid them ?
if it is best to avoid them, how can i get around this problem ? i really dont want to sacrifice this layer action as it saves space and worls really well. (up to a point)
are layers used that much ?

also, but this is less of a concern right now, if i want animation, and i cant afford to use too much file size having it, what is the answer ? im trying to fade in images on this disjointed rollover / layer combination and the animation is taking all available space in ks. is Flash the answer ? help me please !
thanks.

gmcrone
05-22-2005, 06:39 PM
Do you have a url of the page ??
It really helps to see the problem page source to see where errors are creeping in.

Speaking of layers, they are basically the future of web design.

The current web standard XHTML 1.1 takes all layout of pages away from your html and uses CSS for page layout.

Mike...

rinser
05-22-2005, 09:48 PM
i dont yet have a URL but ... i figured out the problem, by looking into the code and placing each layer within a centred layer.
it all works fine now ... i find layers are the answer for what i want to do.