PDA

View Full Version : browser

kaz
05-19-2005, 05:55 PM
Hi,

I need help with a problem that I should know with ease. I'm designing a newsletter for the ICT department of our university using Dreamweaver MX. I named the main homepage as /dirnews/tempates/index.htm. To avoid the page being constantly saved as a temp file, i converted my computer into a local server such that it does not duplicate the additional changes that I mght make. The problem I'm having is that when I check the browser version I only see the old changes to the newsletter, not the new changes. Why is that? Please help

kaz

gmcrone
05-19-2005, 09:23 PM
Clear your browser cache. It keeps the old version in cache.
You can also reload the page a few times and it should also update it.

Mike...

kaz
05-20-2005, 11:11 AM
Mike, I tried that including deleting the old version, still no change.

kaz

gmcrone
05-20-2005, 08:50 PM
You have uploaded the new files to the main server right?
/dirnews/tempates/index.htm

Mike...

kaz
05-21-2005, 04:35 PM
No not yet. They're still on my computer. I've managed to solve the puzzle. However, I have another I have another proble. What I have in my Dreamweaver workspace is not the same as the browser version. I had a three column table with the image in the firstcolumn. a piece of text in the second column and another piece of text in the third column, all with a yellow background. When I checked the browser version, I had text jumping all over the image and the background of the table ended up white rather than yellow. why?

gmcrone
05-21-2005, 10:45 PM
Without being able to see the pages, I can't really guess at what the problem is...

domedia
05-23-2005, 01:02 PM
Can you upload the files to your server so we can look at them?

kaz
05-27-2005, 05:47 PM
problem solved.

thanx

kaz