View Full Version : cell background

05-17-2005, 07:45 AM
Hi, everybody

I'm not guru in Dreamweaver, but I need to make a newsletter in it.
I have a problem with cell background of table. I put an image like background and I can see it, when I do preview in my browser (iexplorer). But when I save the file (.html) and I send it like newsletter (with Outlook Express), the person who open the e-mail can't see the background of cell. In textbox "Bg" my imagine name is like that "Final 2_r3_c1.jpg". Please give me an advice because I have to make this thinks and I don't have many time for it.

Thanks in advance and best regards...

05-17-2005, 01:55 PM
How are you linking to the image?
The image needs to be available on the web and linked to using an absolute path like this:

Even with this method there are plenty of email clients that has images turned off by default.

05-17-2005, 02:26 PM
My problem is: an image which was put like cell background, when I send .html file through Outlookexpres I can't see this image. Probably Outlook Express don't convert that type of imagine. You can try this:

the steps are:

-creat new email
-in Massage meniu select New using, than Select Stationery
-choose a html file, which has a table with imagine background, not color background, (or only one cell).
-Now you can see everythink, like imagine background....BUT IF YOU WANT TO SEND THIS EMAIL (Newsletter), the person who receiv the email doesn't see the background...WHY? I don't understand nothing....

Please help me...

05-17-2005, 03:14 PM
I'm sorry, I can't help you with this. I don't use Outlook, and it's not related to Dreamweaver :unsure:

05-18-2005, 05:21 AM
Could help me anybody?
I need to solve this problem, if it's possible...

Thanks everybody!

05-18-2005, 09:02 PM
Where are the images located??

They need to be located on a server somewhere that your newsletter subscribers can connect to.

When you send the newsletter it only sends the html code and pointers to the graphic files, not the graphics themselves.