PDA

View Full Version : cell background

zane
05-17-2005, 08:45 AM
Hi, everybody

I'm not guru in Dreamweaver, but I need to make a newsletter in it.
I have a problem with cell background of table. I put an image like background and I can see it, when I do preview in my browser (iexplorer). But when I save the file (.html) and I send it like newsletter (with Outlook Express), the person who open the e-mail can't see the background of cell. In textbox "Bg" my imagine name is like that "Final 2_r3_c1.jpg". Please give me an advice because I have to make this thinks and I don't have many time for it.

Thanks in advance and best regards...

domedia
05-17-2005, 02:55 PM
How are you linking to the image?
The image needs to be available on the web and linked to using an absolute path like this:
http://www.domain.com/yourimage.jpg

Even with this method there are plenty of email clients that has images turned off by default.

zane
05-17-2005, 03:26 PM
My problem is: an image which was put like cell background, when I send .html file through Outlookexpres I can't see this image. Probably Outlook Express don't convert that type of imagine. You can try this:

the steps are:

-creat new email
-in Massage meniu select New using, than Select Stationery
-choose a html file, which has a table with imagine background, not color background, (or only one cell).
-Now you can see everythink, like imagine background....BUT IF YOU WANT TO SEND THIS EMAIL (Newsletter), the person who receiv the email doesn't see the background...WHY? I don't understand nothing....

Please help me...

domedia
05-17-2005, 04:14 PM
I'm sorry, I can't help you with this. I don't use Outlook, and it's not related to Dreamweaver :unsure:

zane
05-18-2005, 06:21 AM
Could help me anybody?
I need to solve this problem, if it's possible...

Thanks everybody!

gmcrone
05-18-2005, 10:02 PM
Where are the images located??

They need to be located on a server somewhere that your newsletter subscribers can connect to.

When you send the newsletter it only sends the html code and pointers to the graphic files, not the graphics themselves.

Mike...