PDA

View Full Version : Sending notification email on DB record entry

jool
05-16-2005, 11:54 AM
Hello everyone,

I have a set-up where users enter their profile details onto a php insert form and then enter this information into a database. This is a standard PHP insert record form.

They are then passed onto another page where they must again, enter their name and email address. This is a page linked to a cgi script which sends an email to my email account, telling me that somebody has entered information into the database. The cgi script also sends a thank you mail to their email address.

As it is slightly troublesome for the user to enter the same information twice, I was wondering if it were possible to have both this functionality on just the one page, and perhaps not use the cgi-script (using just php functionality instead)?

Of most importance is that a message is sent to my email account when somebody enters values into the database (the email thanking the person for entering the data is not so important).

So basically, is it possible, using dreamweaver's php functionality, to send a notification email to my inbox when a new record is added to a MySql database?

Many thanks for even reading this. Any thoughts or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Have a good day.