PDA

View Full Version : Opening a smaller window

Pauline
05-11-2005, 11:09 AM
I have a portfolio page with a list of clients and I want people to be able to click on the clients name and for the page with their work on to open up (which I can do - link and target _blank) but for it to be smaller (500 pixels/500 pixels)

I did find a script but it created a button for each link which I don't want. I just want plain text.

Any help would be so appreciated as I have spend ages trying to do this! :(

Jim_Shady
05-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Hi Pauline,

Dreamweaver helps you out here...

Highlight the link on the page and then open the behaviours panel (Window > Behaviours). Click on the '+' sign and then find 'Browser Window' . Click on that and it will then open up a load of options for you to play and tweak with.

James.

Pauline
05-11-2005, 01:00 PM
Great thanks! :D

The only thing now though is that I have a smaller window opening when a viewer clicks down on the text but I dont get the hand coming up (mouse pointer) to indicate its a link. How do I get this?

I tried adding a link in the properties but I ended up getting two windows popping up...one small, one big.

Thanks for your help :)

Jim_Shady
05-12-2005, 01:54 PM
Hi Pauline,

Can you cut and paste the section of the code into here for us to look at please?

Jim Shady.

Pauline
05-12-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah sure, here it is

<font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#333333" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('logo_party_of_angels.htm','Logos' ,'width=500,height=500')">Party
of Angels</font>

As you can see I want the words 'Party of Angels' to be the link (my clients business name).

Thanks for your help! :)

domedia
05-12-2005, 05:02 PM
The behaviour inserts the javascript, the link you have to make yourself:
<li><font face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#333333">
<a href="#" onClick="MM_openBrWindow('logo_party_of_angels.htm ','Logos','width=500,height=500');return(false);"> Link</a>
</font></li>

Pauline
05-13-2005, 01:09 PM
Great thank you!

Sorry about the double post but I thought I had been confusing in one of my posts, so I added a new topic & then I thought it would be rude to not reply.

Won't do it again & thanks again for your time & help :)

bolloscript
12-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi,
I managed to do the same thing, exept I had no problem creating the window, just a couple of glitches after.
Thanks to davidj for helping me realise I gave two different windows the same name (which resulted in them both opening up when I clicked on either link doh).

What I'm stuck on now, is that the new window goes straight to the top of the 'parent' page, which in turn scrolls immediately back to the top.

What I want is for the parent page to stay where it is, & the new small window to open next to the link.
The behaviour panel doesn't show me any options to do this.
Is there a function in dw to do this, or a tag I can use?

Thanks in advance :)

This is the code that dw wrote.

click here (#) to hear a sample [/b]

domedia
12-06-2005, 11:05 PM
bollo,
often better to start a new thread instead replying to one that is 7 months old ;)

bolloscript
12-06-2005, 11:07 PM
Sorry chief,
I just thought id see if there was already an answer first, this just looked closest :lol: