PDA

View Full Version : Footer Help/Problems

Jittor
05-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Hello,
I need to some help - I have a website that is being hosted through a company that likes to use its templates - well we decided that we didn't like their template so we did our own thing but kept their .asp style. The way their layout works is the header+side nav and footer are static and everything else changes. Only I have to put the code in to link the header+side nav and footer to be on all pages. All went well except that the footer wont stay at the bottom of the page. I put a bunch a spaces in to try and fix it but it only works for shorter pages. If it is a longer page it will through it up in the middle os the top. can someone help me with a code/script or something that will keep it at the bottem of every page regardless of the length? The site is www.petsincredible.com

Thanks a bunch,
Jon

bartainer
05-11-2005, 01:59 AM
Hello;

I'm hoping I'm not missing something here! Okay, the footer is pushed to the center with long pages?

Did you create a table at the bottom to insert the footer? Is the footer CSS controlled? Is the footer a "background" image e.g, td.footer { background-image: url (images/footers}; height: 20px; width: 800px;} ???

Very important to have CSS controlled footers, headers etc (my opinion only).

Keep me informed.

Ron

PS Oh, you said space added? You shouldn't need to add space if the site is CSS controlled. Only my wife needs space. :)