PDA

View Full Version : Need frame help

exceleqd
05-05-2005, 03:29 AM
I have a demo site up at www.excelequinedesign.com/ofm . When I preview in Dreamweaver, the frames are all there, but now that I have uploaded it, the bottom frame with the navigation is missing. Anyone have any suggestions? This is my first frame site I have gone live with.

Thanks!

kate
05-05-2005, 10:05 AM
Hya,
Not being used to DW as much as domedia and Mike, I have read loads of books from my local libary which have helped me a great deal. and joining the Macromedia newsgroups. from what I gather you name the frames - try that first then if it does'nt work come back and we'll help some more.
:D

domedia
05-05-2005, 01:39 PM
don't use frames, unless you have to.
The technology is archaic in web development, it's not user friendly, and as you are experiencing, it's not developer friendly either ;)

Frames breakes up what would normally be one page into several pages. This has issues when it comes to printing, bookmarking, search engines and most things that has to do with the page as an item, because now we're not having just one page anymore. It's like having a physical paper consist of a blank page with many yellow sticky notes on it. it doesn't make sense.

Why are you using frames? I can guarantee you that I'm able to help you with a faster and better solution to whatever you are trying to achieve :)