PDA

View Full Version : How many computers...

times3
05-03-2005, 04:54 PM
Hey guys, i did a search to see if anybody has asked this before but didnt see anything (maybe 'cause its a goofy question) but I want to load the dreamweaver software on my laptop but when I buy my new desktop I want to use that comp as my "main station" are there any problems with this. (educational version) <--which brings me to another question, does the educational version have any differences aside from a moral obligation not to make a website for money? Thanks in advance.

kate
05-03-2005, 06:38 PM
The Macromedia site is currently down for maintenence I will find out for you when I can login later.
Swish software I do know allows you to install on a laptop and a computer but not more than that.

:D

domedia
05-04-2005, 04:09 PM
Macromedia's EULA ('http://www.macromedia.com/software/activation/eula_summary.html') allows for you to install the software on 2 computers, a primary and secondary system.

The End-User License Agreement (EULA) now allows for the primary user of a computer on which the licensed software is installed to install the software on one portable computer or home computer for his or her exclusive use.
This secondary license may not be used concurrently with the primary license.
This secondary license may be used solely as allowed for such version or edition (such as for educational use only).
This secondary license cannot be installed or used after the time such user is no longer the primary user of the primary computer on which the software is installed.
Licenses purchased under any volume license agreement do not grant a right to a secondary license.

The educational version is the same. From Macromedia's FAQ ('http://www.macromedia.com/cfusion/store/html/index.cfm?event=displayEduConditions&keyword=dreamweaver'):
What are the restrictions in using education versions of Macromedia products?
Education versions of Macromedia products are intended for instructional and administrative purposes only and may not be used for any commercial purpose. Macromedia will conduct periodic security audits to be certain of your education qualification.

times3
05-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Hey, Kate thanks.
domedia-thanks a lot bud, you're a great help! I promise to check macro's FAQ site before I ask any more q's...thanks again. -times3

kate
05-05-2005, 10:01 AM
Hya times3,

Keep asking question its the only way to learn just as I am, I only got the *DW bug recently now I want to keep on learning.

Thanks domedia that web site will be great for my forums to clarify how to use. the question always popped up at Swish but of course as a user of that software I knew that answer, so thanks.

:D :D

domedia
05-05-2005, 03:55 PM
second that :)
Never be afraid to ask questions, what do you have to lose? ;)

times3
05-05-2005, 06:02 PM
domedia-"What do I have to lose!?!"...my pride, thats what...check that, I lost that when I was forced to run down Main St. with nothing but a scarf on. There I go again, sharing to much info. Thanks for the help guys. On a more serious note, is Flash PRO (vs. Flash) worth it for a novice such as myself? I know it depends on how much I'm anticpating to learn and grow but...? Talk to me. Thankx. -times3

kate
05-05-2005, 09:38 PM
Hya,
Flash is 20 times harder than DW so be sure you want that software before paying out mega bucks for a whim today that may be gone tomorrow because it will frustrate, annoy, anger but after all that some great sites after training.

You could do worse than look at www.swishzone.com for Swishmax at just $100 which is certainly catching up with Macromdia slowly and it now has the AS too, and now they have discontinued Swish2 to do more in Swishmax.

www.kigot.com

www.2Advanced interestingly 2Advanced wrote in the Flashmx bible. it was an interview on how he designs his awesome sites, take a look and get a feel for whats involved in Flash.

:)