PDA

View Full Version : Exporting Flash and Html?

donaldL
05-01-2005, 01:13 AM
Hi all. I have designed a website, or movie that is, in its entirity in Flash MX 2004. Self taught AS fella. (I know this is a bad idea, no need to comment on that) But now that I have finally purchased Dreamweaver! My question is this:

I have designed an opening HTML page which looks great, "INDEX" and then the second part of the site INDEX2.HTML(the second page) is "bits" of my flash. How do I export these TOGETHER in dreamweaver to upload. Or should I just do what I'm doing now. Which is saving to INDEX HTML in Dreamweaver and exporting to HTML in Flash MX on the two respective programs. And UPLOAD them as two seperate entities. Shouldn't I be combining the two? Thanks in advance for your help. Don

Instead of uploading my seperate FLASH HTML and DREAMWEAVER HTML. Can't I do it all in Dreamweaver? Thanks again.

kate
05-01-2005, 09:47 PM
You do know you can import your Flash in dreamweaver by the little Flash icon in the menu bar then DW will consruct its HTML. save then in your 'defined site' as normal. after which contruct all the HTML for the rest of your page and save as index - all one page.

There are ppl here who will add to the post after me in case what I say is'nt right. I am just setting out in DW lol

By AS you mean Actioncripts right!

:D

donaldL
05-02-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanjs for your help... could you explain a little further. How exactly DO I construct all of it together as html? so when it is uploaded you see all text & everything else combined?

gmcrone
05-02-2005, 06:08 PM
When in Flash, only export as swf not as html.
Then in dreamweaver import your swf file into your page.

Mike..

donaldL
05-02-2005, 06:30 PM
hey thanks mike. So I just export to swf right? See my problem is this, I don't know how to combine the pages. 1st page - a HTML welcome page... 2nd page - the .swf - How do I combine the two to one? Define Site? Export as index.html? Everytime I pull it up now it's either one page or the other, never both.
Thanks so much from a novice. Don

gmcrone
05-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Let me get this straight.
1. You have a welcome page that is straight HTML
2. The rest of your site is your Flash

If I have this right, then all you do is put a link to the rest of your site on your main index page.

such as Enter Here (mysite.swf)

Mike...

donaldL
05-02-2005, 07:23 PM
Yes Mike... that's exactly it.

I tried your suggestion and it worked, but of course the pics looked funny etc...
So I may just go back to Welcome page INDEX.html
Then the swf.movie INDEX2.html

ACTUALLY, you see, what I am really trying to do is get search engines etc to recognize the ton of text that I have in my swf as html. I've read many tutorials & of course I do not wanna go the "hidden text" route. I'm just trying to figure out a way to do it. When I posted the swf/html only, it did recognize some of it. Oh well. Thanks again Mike, any other suggestions you might have would br great! One of them I'm sure being "rebuild your site in dreamweaver you moron" Thanks.