PDA

View Full Version : Hello

blea
04-27-2005, 08:25 PM
Hello I'm Kim, I'm just starting web design, although I have a design background and understand a little about websites - I am just working on my first site which should be on line by the end of the week.

I have a Mac with Dreamweaver and Adobe GoLive - I have started using Dreamweaver as I have heard more about this programme are they both quite similar or is one better? I have also noticed that websites look different on Mac and PC. Is there any disadvantages to using a Mac to design for web? What does everybody else use?

I am aso keen to develop my flash skills.

This seems to be a great place to exchange knowlege, I hope I will be able to help others in the future.

Where are the members from - I see some of you are in America and Canada, any one from 'not-so-sunny' England?

Thanks to Mike for answering my first question already.

gmcrone
04-27-2005, 09:24 PM
Welcome to the club blea.

Dreamweaver vs Go Live
In my opinion Dreamweaver is the more powerful of the 2 progams because of its extensibility. Meaning that you can customize it more to your own way of working and that extensions that add usability to it are available in quantity.

Mac vs PC
There are advantages and disadvantages with both OS's.
In today's world it doesn't really matter all that much which you use. Whichever you feel more comfortable with is the way to go.
In a properly made website there should be no difference in the look of the site other than on the Mac the colors will be slightly darker and the type size just a little smaller.

In my office we use all PC's, and a Linux box.

I'm one of the Canadian's here.

Mike....

domedia
05-01-2005, 02:40 PM
Norwegian on his sixth year in northern Michigan (US) :)