PDA

View Full Version : Dreamweaver Flash Buttons

louiek
04-27-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi everyone!

Can somebody please help me??! My Dreamweaver site has been all fine and the flash button links working perfectly. One of my links is to an email address and I have recently tried to change the email adddress which it links through to.

I didn't realise that you can't just double-click the flash file and then edit the email link as it keeps reverting back to the original. I've been through the help and it tells me to do it through the site map. Have tried this but think I'm doing something wrong as now the email links don't work at all now even though the address is changed!

When I left click on the SWF file on the map I choose change link but it asks me for a URL path. I am just choosing my website folder so that I can type somethiing in and then typing in MAILTO: etc.

Have not been using Dreamweaver for long so if somebody could please tell me how to change flash button email links easily it would save me tearing any more hair out!!

Thank you

billsgifs
04-27-2005, 03:43 PM
I believe you would have to change the button within flash.

Do you happen to have the .fla for the button? If you do I would be more than happy to change the link for you.

If you have the .fla file for the flash button, send it to billsgifs@gmail.com, along with what you want your email address link to be changed to. :)

Hope I can help,
~Bill

louiek
04-27-2005, 04:47 PM
Hi Bill

Thanks for the reply. I think this is my problem - I cannot find the .fla file!

I have done a search etc. and there is no fla. file relating to my button. Basically my button is a "contact" button and is repeated on all 5 pages of the site and this is then an email link.

I can see the swf. file on the map and everywhere else but no fla.

The problem is I will need to change the email contact quite often so I was hoping that it would be relatively easy!!

Everything looks correct and the email address is now changed but does not work any more...

Sorry to sound so stupid!!

billsgifs
04-27-2005, 04:49 PM
accually, there is a way to make it easier... show me the swf, I might be able to "recreate" that button. What I can do with flash is make the swf read a .txt file for the email address. you can keep changing the .txt file and keep the swf the same.

So yea, send me a link to your site, and I'll try and recreate that swf for you.

Peace,
~Bill