PDA

View Full Version : Centreing.

dreamweaverhelp
04-27-2005, 11:21 AM
Hello Dreamweaver People.

I'm currently designing a website using Dreamweaver. It's a very basic one comprising a few pages of text. I'm wondering whether there's an easy method of centreing the text on each page vertically as well as horizontally (so that text is perfectly centred). If you can assist me with this, I'd be very grateful :)

Thanks,

DWH.

kate
04-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Hiya,
highlight your text and alter via the properties Inspector at the bottom of your document.

:)

dreamweaverhelp
04-27-2005, 12:32 PM
Thanks, Kate, but surely that only centres text horizontally. Unless you mean clicking on "Page Properties" to set the margins. Do you mean that?

kate
04-27-2005, 03:51 PM
Hya,
Looks like you need to insert a table and set the horozontal and verticles from the table properties. most seem to advise that.

Mybe you could do it in CSS someone will advise you with the way to go with Style sheets I hav'nt done those yet.

Good luck dreamweaverhelp!

dreamweaverhelp
04-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Cheers, Kate. Much appreciated B)

kate
04-28-2005, 10:20 AM
ok But did you manage it lolol

Thanks.

duane23
05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Did you ever figure it out? I am having the same problem... It only centers text! How do you center the WHOLE PAGE?!! HELP!>..

kate
05-02-2005, 08:42 PM
Open DW,

New document there everything is centre lolol..
Sorry I could'nt resist... seriously the template/basic page is correct when it loads as soon as you click go from 'new' and choose what kind of document you want. what you do then is in your hands so to speak.
An Image maybe your fav car just load and click and centre from the property Inspector. this loads as soon as you insert an object such as your car or logo.

Text well thats better done either by CSS or put in a table again the property Inspector will help with that both ways.

Ask away!

:D

duane23
05-02-2005, 09:37 PM
Open DW,

New document there everything is centre lolol..
Sorry I could'nt resist... seriously the template/basic page is correct when it loads as soon as you click go from 'new' and choose what kind of document you want. what you do then is in your hands so to speak.
An Image maybe your fav car just load and click and centre from the property Inspector. this loads as soon as you insert an object such as your car or logo.

Text well thats better done either by CSS or put in a table again the property Inspector will help with that both ways.

Ask away!

:D
Thanks,

I have that stuff down, but I am trying to center entire pages that are all ready created - Multi Layers and images- I just need to get them all centered on the page: You can view the website here:

My Webpage ('http://www.cfcconfidential.com/')

Its all aligned to the left - and I hate it... argh.... Is there any quick way of doing this like in ex. Front Page?

Jim_Shady
05-03-2005, 09:17 AM
Put the whole page inside a table of 1x1 and then centre the table.

Or you could try to play around with the margins in Page Properties.

Jim Shady.

kate
05-03-2005, 06:41 PM
Would this junk of code do it?

top><table width="100%" height="10%" border="0"
cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><TR><td valign="top"
align="center">

gmcrone
05-03-2005, 10:03 PM
In looking at your page source, NO there is no easy way to do it.
You have all your layers (divs) positioned absolutely which takes them out of the normal document flow.
To get your pages centered would mean changing all your divs to relative positioning and floats and then adding a page wrapper div.

Mike...