PDA

View Full Version : letter gremlins?

ella
04-23-2005, 05:20 PM
Howdy~
I'm almost finished with a site that I've done in PS & Fireworks, but I'm having this strange problem with the text (which was cut and pasted from a word doc.)..when I view source, there are these weird little E's throughout the text that have ^^^^ on top of them :( . I cleaned up the quotes and commas, that were already in the word doc, but on this text, I can't see anything to clean up. Could it be something to do with the cells inside the table being wacky? Maybe I've mis-sized them? If someone has an idea on what causes it other then punctuation then I can probably go in and figure it out, but right now Im not sure where to look?
Top o' the Muffin:)
Ella

ella
04-23-2005, 09:32 PM
I'm not sure if I need to add that I'm using Dreamweaver to put all the PS, Fireworks, and text together, and it's in Dreamweaver that the text grems appear while viewing in browser window.:)
Ella :ph34r:

gmcrone
04-25-2005, 05:06 PM
Your easiest method is to save your office word files as a text file, then you can cut and paste from the text file without any problems.

MSWord files have special formatting characters embedded in them like the ones you are seeing.

Mike...