PDA

View Full Version : Multiple questions with DW MX?

burriedcreativity
04-22-2005, 06:23 AM
Hello,

I am new to Web Designing and using DW MX .

First : - Does the ImageMAP facility supported by all browsers ? I mean i heard abt. layers that sometime it displayes perfectly and sometimes it wont ? So does the same case with Image MAPs ? Coz i feel Slicing a Photoshop made layout button by buttons its much better to create slice for complete button bar and then use the ImageMap facility in DW MX ! It will save a lot of loading time i feel. So is it a good technique ?

Second: - How to creates those fancy / colorful text bars ? If i insert a form and then text bar it only shows plain and white how to get colorful or something like attractive which is used now a days on most of the sites ?

Third : -I AM NOT A PROGRAMMER. I have prepared a feedback form so what i want is if user-filled text in that form then it is redirected to my client email address? How i can achieve this ?

Any help will be highly appreciated.

--Thank you

kate
04-22-2005, 11:23 AM
From Macromedia: I have the full tutorial at my forums on this subject:

Dreamweaver does not alter references to server-side image maps in existing documents; you can use both client-side image maps and server-side image maps in the same document. However, browsers that support both types of image maps give priority to client-side image maps. To include a server-side image map in a document, you must write the appropriate HTML code.

The cloured bars can be done in Javascript
Hope this helps

:)

domedia
04-22-2005, 01:35 PM
1. Yes, it is broadly supported. But I disagree that it is better to load one large graphic with all the buttons, instead of loading the seperately.

2. Textbars.. Do you mean form elements?

3. You need to use a server side script. Contact you host and see which languages they have available. They might even have something pre-made for you.

burriedcreativity
04-23-2005, 04:20 PM
Thnx a lot its really very helpful.

One more qustion : I used to work with Print Media i.e. PS and Corel for yrs. now and now my BOSS wanted me to design a website so i am really not a pro. in that regard.

I have designed a webpage in photoshop, i heard that the code ps generats is very poor (i dont know whether its true or not) but now i want to make my site search engine compatible (acc. to my boss) so which tag i need to insert in my ps created html page Or what tags should i insert ?

--Thank you