PDA

View Full Version : Getting "cant find plug ins for file" error help

m_rgadget
04-21-2005, 02:28 PM
Hello all, I'm having a problem on one of my PCs with dreamweaver mx. I have windows XP on all of them also. What my problem is when I embed a hidden .wav file to open when I go to home page I get a "cant find supported plug ins in both configuration/plugins folder and browser folder error" when I try to play in editing window and it will not play when I go to f12/browser view. I do not get this error on my other pc and cant figure out if there is a setting some where I am missing. I uninstalled and reinstalled several times and keep getting same error(dreamweaver mx). I also did same embeding thing on friends Pc that also just installed on his pc with windows xp and it works fine every time also. I hope I gave enough information and thanks in advance for any info.

domedia
04-22-2005, 01:33 PM
I think it's safe to say it is a local problem on your computer and not related to your code/dreamweaver :), so your webapges should look fine for everyone else. My knowledge about computer configuration etc is minimal I'm afraid :(

gmcrone
04-22-2005, 10:01 PM
What do you normally use to play wav files on this computer.

Most XP computers use Windows Media Player.

Have you installed any other software like WinAmp or such to play media files?

If so they may have "taken over" the default player.

Right click on a wav file, click on properties, general tab and look at "opens with".
This should say Windows Media Player, if not change it.

Mike...

m_rgadget
04-24-2005, 04:36 PM
Hello gmgrone, been trying the same thing. The files were trying to open with real player. Have changed the media player to open with windows media player but still getting same error. Not sure which way to go from here, if I should now try to uninstall and reinstall dreamweaver?

m_rgadget
04-24-2005, 06:46 PM
A million thanks gmcrone. That was what my problem was the entire time on this PC. The Real Player was taking over all media files. I uninstalled real player--reinstalled latest windows player--reinstalled dreamweaver and it worked like a charm. Although I still have on question for you, I can only get wav file to play when I hit f12 and go to browser window......but I still can not get wave file to play when in edit window with the "play" button when I choose the hidden Icon in the edit window. I still get the plug in error.....how do I put the plug in to the folder where it says it is not? Thanks in advacne for any info and again a million thanks for the windows player info.

gmcrone
04-25-2005, 05:02 PM
You won't be able to open it/play it in edit window, only when it is fully rendered in the
F12 preview window.
Dreamweaver is looking for a plug-in that doesn't exist.

Mike...