PDA

View Full Version : Text on top of images

doodleman
04-18-2005, 06:34 PM
I have a big picture with a large blank spot on it and i want to put some text on it that can be edited easily. I was thinking of putting like a text box over it but i dont know how to.

Any help would be... helpful. Thanks

PHREAK
04-18-2005, 06:54 PM
<div style="overflow:auto;width:225;height:265; color:COLOR_HERE; font-size:12pt; font-weight:bold; font-family:NAME_FONT;;{color:COLOR_CODE;;} text-align:center; background-color:black; background-image: url(URL_OF_IMAGE); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px COLOR_HERE;">

doodleman
04-18-2005, 07:01 PM
huh.... :blink:

I'm pretty new so if you could just explain it in like, "design view" terms, it would be much easier for me.

Or at least tell me what to do with that code. Cheers anyway.

PHREAK
04-18-2005, 07:19 PM
the above code it for a small scrolling text box that you can insert a text image into its backgound. I'm new to, but if I'm not mistaken after you insert the code and make it the color and size you want, just write whatever text you want after the code. I used this on a site I had and I just copyed it from a text file where I had it saved, so it should work.

kate
04-18-2005, 09:28 PM
Please use the button 'code' on the menu for keeping your code in a nice and tidy area like so!

Open your Dreamweaver and select the image and using the Align field in the Properties Toolbar (Which appears at the bottom of the Dreamweaver Interface) just align your text on the image.

:)

gmcrone
04-18-2005, 09:49 PM
If your image is contained in a div or table cell, then make the image a background for that div or table cell. Then you can put your type over top of the graphic.

Mike...

doodleman
04-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Ok thanks but i couldn't get either of your ideas to work... :(

I couldn't really get the code right. And the alignment thing wont work.
Do i need to (or could i) do something with layers?
The text im using btw is flash text if that makes a difference.