PDA

View Full Version : Best way to web host for beginners

Happyhelen
04-16-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi guys:

As you probably already know, I'm new to this whole dreamweaver/web page creation thing. However, I've been hosting my website on geocities.com to start with because I wanted to see what my site would look like when published. However, I've been told geocities.com sucks and has bad codes and the ads drive me nuts. So do any of you have suggestions of an either free or really really really minimal charge for web hosting that you'd recommend to a beginner? Because all I'm doing right now is CREATING a site, and it might take, even a year, and I guess I didn't want to pay all that money each month just so I can see what my site looks like published (since often the preview in browser button in DW is not a good judge of what it'll look like)...

So any advice?

Thanks,
-Helen

gmcrone
04-16-2005, 06:42 PM
A good place to start would be:
DesignsXchange ('http://www.designsxchange.com')

If you join their forums you can get excellent rates on hosting.

Their forums are primarily for Swish and Flash.

I think you can ask Kate here how they are.

BTW, did you look at your site on my server (link I sent you private)

That site happens to be hosted at the above mentioned....

Mike...

kate
04-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Hya,
I can certainly recommend DesignsXchange for lots of things, a great deal with the hosting as well. If you want to learn Swish you have guru Willem as the admin and clay also the owner Alien in London who needs no introducing around the Swish community which is quite large. and Willem really does know his stuff, not just in Swish either, PHP, 3d he knows lots of things about everything near enough lmaoooo

In the Moderators you have the best there is anywhere (jim here is great) :P as a member you have dl's and templates to learn from and for personal sites are free cheap at $15 for a business. I was recently made a first level moderator to my surprise and delight as its such a big bard to dip toes into lol but I do ok now, well the bosses seem to think so..lolol

Most of the mods know about Flash and PHP and other stuff so i leave it with you. hope to meet you there i'm julienne*drop.

:lol: :lol: