PDA

View Full Version : website looks distorted when not expanded

Happyhelen
04-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Hi guys:

I'm posted this problem before on another catgeory, but then I was told my problem is because I used a CSS template.

So, I've created a site, and basically, my problem is, when the page isn't expanded, like if you have your favorite places open on the left side of internet explorer, or anything like that, then my website looks distorted and the images overlap funny. How do I make it so that all my images and design of my site stay the same if somebody chooses to not expand the entire site? Right it, looks like the entire page is all overlapped and funny and the design is on top of another when I just open up my favorite places on the left side. It's annoying! And I was told it was because I used a CSS template. Although I didn't go to templates, I went to File- New- Page Design- Two Column Left Nav. Although I guess it does say CSS, but its not exacly a template?

I'm sorry, I'm really new to Dreamweaver, I've used it for like a week now, so if anybody can help me with this problem and explain it to me as simply as possible, I'd apperciate it. Also, if you recommend me to just not do CSS altogether, then if you can tell me what I can do at this point, that'd be great.

Http://www.geocities.com/tudortastic/hatfield.html ('http://www.geocities.com/tudortastic/hatfield.html')

Thanks,
-Helen

gmcrone
04-14-2005, 09:57 PM
You might want to fix this line of code

<link rel="stylesheet" href="file:///C|/websites/helen/2col_leftNav.css" type="text/css">

Mike....

Happyhelen
04-14-2005, 10:02 PM
Hi Mike:

This probably sounds really stupid, but I'm new...so what exactly do you mean by "fix it"? What do I do and where do I go?

Thanks for putting up with me.

-Helen